Certified Medication Aide
Workforce Certifications / Medication Aide -
Workforce Certifications 2022-2023
Please note: The next start date is estimated to begin February 7th. If you'd like to be notified of any updates, please select "Interested - Please email me updates". The Coordinator will email you closer to the date so you can begin registering.
The NEISD Medication Aide Certification Program for Certified Nurses Aides is a Texas Health and Human Services approved training program. This course meets the required 140 hours, and students take the state examination at the program's conclusion.
Class runs on Tuesday and Thursday from 9AM - 1PM at the NEISD Community Learning Center.
- Applicants must be employed as certified nurse aides listed on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry in active status and currently employed in a facility licensed under Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 242 on class start date or employed on class start date as non-licensed direct care staff in a facility licensed under Chapter 247; a state supported living center or ICF/IID and have 90 days previous employment in the year preceding the class start date.
- A high school diploma or GED/HSE
- Social Security Card
- State Photo ID
- Read, write, speak and understand English
$675 Class tuition fee is payable in full at registration (includes tuition, text, and drug reference book).
$25 non-refundable money order payable to Texas Health and Human Services (for application and exam fee)
You are not considered registered until all documents have been received and notorized by the NEISD coordinator.
- High School Diploma, certified transcript or GED/HSE Certificate
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Nursing Home Administrator and
- Director of Nursing.
- Nurse Aide Certificate
- Social Security card
- Tuition of $675 payable to North East Community Education
- $25 non-refundable money order payable to Texas Health and Human Services
- Walk-ins may be subjected to longer wait time.
- Please make an appointment to ensure the Coordinator is available for notarizing and completing your application within 15 minutes. Appointment booking is here: https://calendar.app.google/GXvzygUmLx27vAQs9
8/22/2022: Refunds - We will refund the amount to the original payment method, minus a 3% processing fee, if notified 2 business days before class start date.
Victoria Arreola , Raquel Bentancourt
No Class Feb 28, Mar 2, Mar 14, Mar 16, May 25, May 30, Jun 1 & Jul 4
Online registration is over